Murfee Engineering Company (MEC), a consulting company committed to excellence, efficiency, and integrity, has an exciting opportunity for a qualified Senior Water and Wastewater Treatment Design Engineer to lead team members in projects related to municipal water and wastewater infrastructure projects including treatment facilities, lift stations, pump stations, storage facilities, and transmission and distribution facilities. Experience in site drainage design is a plus. Candidates must be self-motivated and are expected to provide technical design resulting in complete sets of construction plans for municipal projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university.
- Master’s Degree is preferred but not a requirement.
- Must have and maintain a valid TX driver’s license.
- A Texas PE license is required or ability to obtain in six months.
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals in person and virtually.
- Aptitude to research, summarize, compile, and calculate data, resulting in completed reports, models, presentations.
- 10 or more years of experience in municipal infrastructure projects.
- Minimum 5 years direct project management experience.
- Proven record of experience in the design of municipal projects including construction plan preparation, specifications, and contract documents.
- Experience in construction administration including processing of submittals, pay applications, contract closeout, etc.
- Experience providing construction management for municipal public works projects.
- Proficient in software including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro or Bluebeam.
- Beneficial software experience includes ArcGIS, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, AutoCAD, Civil3D, BioWin, Visual Hydraulics or other hydraulic modeling software.
- Well-developed critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Highly technical design skills.
- Knowledge of associated design criteria.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Provide expertise in water and wastewater treatment systems including plant hydraulic modeling, treatment process selection, plant design and construction.
- Production of project deliverables including plans, specifications, memoranda, and reports.
- Oversee and maintain project organization and methodical execution.
- Works with project manager to develop analysis and decision-making skills.
- Manages deadlines and prioritizes assignments for design and production team.
- Manage and build client relationships.
- Develop project scopes, proposals, and schedules.
- Manage project team and project budgets.
- Coach, mentor and develop team engineers and staff.
8-hour workday, M-F
Murfee Engineering Company offers excellent benefits including employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA employer contributions, employer paid Life/STD/LTD/AD&D insurance, PTO, and a profit-sharing plan. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Murfee Engineering Company adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with you soon. We can’t wait to hear from you!