Murfee Engineering Company (MEC), a consulting company committed to excellence, efficiency, and integrity, has an exciting opportunity for an entry level municipal EIT position to obtain experience working on municipal design projects. You will work alongside our experienced engineering and construction management teams to be exposed to many different aspects of the civil engineering industry. As a valuable addition to our company, you will assist project managers and collaborate with engineers to solve complex problems and produce our clients’ visions for the betterment of their communities. You’ll have the chance to follow projects through the engineering process, by assisting with design, coordinating with outside parties, facilitating the bidding process, and helping manage the construction through completion.
The position will be a part of the Civil Engineering design team and you will have the chance to follow projects through the engineering process, by assisting with design, coordinating with outside parties, facilitating the bidding process, and helping manage the construction through completion. The role requires providing support for projects during the research, design, plan production, quality control, bidding, and construction phases for water transmission, wastewater conveyance, municipal treatment plants, tanks, pumps stations, and lift stations. Routine task work will include water treatment and water quality/quantity calculations, treatment works equipment research and capacity calculations, civil and mechanical design, plan production, creation of bidding, contract and specification documents, and all roles associated with water resource engineering and consultation under the guidance of a licensed professional engineer. Additional tasks include preparing GIS exhibits, drafting design and detail sheets in CAD, calculating water and wastewater facility capacities, performing hydraulic analyses, researching and coordinating with material and equipment providers, conducting field visits on jobsites to observe and evaluate construction work, reading and interpreting civil construction drawings, reviewing plans and specifications to ensure work complies and performing other job responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or similar Construction Management degree preferred.
- Engineer in Training Certificate or plans to sit for the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam within 6 months of hire
- Engineer-in-Training certificate from the Texas Board of Professional Engineers must be presented after completion of the FE Exam
- Relevant internship experience preferred
- Must have and maintain a valid TX driver’s license
- Basic computer skills utilizing Microsoft office and AutoCAD Civil3D and modeling software(s)
- Exposure to ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Civil3D, Bluebeam and/or other modeling software
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals in person and virtually
- Aptitude to research, summarize, compile, and calculate data, resulting in completed reports, models, presentations
- Critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and multi-tasking skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- A can-do attitude.
- Completion of delegated task work.
- Provide support for the design of water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Assist in generating project deliverables, including plans, specifications, memoranda, and reports.
- Project organization and methodical execution of assigned tasks.
- Develop analysis and decision-making skills.
- Build staff and working relationships with equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
- Adhere to project scopes, budgets, and schedules.
- Support project team.
8-hour workday, M-F
Murfee Engineering Company offers excellent benefits including employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA employer contributions, employer paid Life/STD/LTD/AD&D insurance, PTO, and a profit-sharing plan. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Murfee Engineering Company adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with you soon. We can’t wait to hear from you!