Murfee Engineering Company (MEC), a consulting company committed to excellence, efficiency, and integrity, has an exciting opportunity for a qualified Land Development Senior Project Engineer who has design skills with knowledge of residential and commercial land development, including design from concept planning to construction and completion of projects for water, sewer, drainage, paving, and site layout. Candidates must be able to interact with clients, perform inspections, attend meetings, and develop cost estimates.
The ideal candidate would be a licensed Professional Engineer with 5-15 years of land development experience with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with clients and government officials. The applicant will work with the design team on a variety of land development and municipal site development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or construction technology.
- Licensed Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Texas.
- Must have and maintain a valid TX driver’s license
- Experience in coordinating with CAD drafting and design teams
- Proven track record of working on land development projects
- Deep understanding of the land development planning and entitlement processes
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D for design purposes
- Ability to lead in a team environment, with minimal supervision
- Proficient with the modeling and design of pipe networks, street corridors, lot layouts, grading, drainage, and water quality
- Aptitude to research, summarize, compile, and calculate data, resulting in completed plans and specifications
- Proficient in software including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro or Bluebeam, etc.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent organizational and multitasking/prioritization skills with a keen attention to details
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals in person, written, and virtually
- Well-developed critical thinking and analysis skills
- Coordinate design, manage the design group, and seal drawings and specifications for a variety of land development projects without supervision.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control for the following:
- Site grading and earthwork analyses
- Water, wastewater, and storm drainage pipe networks and profiles
- Dimensioned site layouts
- Street corridors
- Review record drawings and incorporate into plans
- Calculate and confirm slopes and inverts of storm sewer, water, and wastewater systems
- Work in conjunction with CAD designers and drafters on the preliminary design of site, grading, water/wastewater, and storm layouts
- Coordinate and confirm execution of redlines for modifications of plans and details in an efficient and timely manner
- Manage given deadlines and prioritize assignments
- Maintain file management of project files, CAD files and other documents per MEC files standards
- Work under the guidance of a Project Manager
- Proactively coordinate with other team members and maintain communication to maximize overall project efficiency
8-hour workday, M-F
Murfee Engineering Company offers excellent benefits including employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA employer contributions, employer paid Life/STD/LTD/AD&D insurance, PTO, and a profit-sharing plan. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Murfee Engineering Company adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with you soon. We can’t wait to hear from you!