Murfee Engineering Company (MEC), a consulting company committed to excellence, efficiency, and integrity, has an exciting opportunity for a qualified Land Development Senior CAD Designer who is proficient in AutoCAD and Civil 3D. Candidates should be self-starters, goal oriented, energetic, motivated and should be highly proficient with Civil 3D 2021 to accomplish the tasks associated with the necessary qualifications and responsibilities as outlined below. The applicant will work with the design team on a variety of land development and municipal site development projects.
- Associate degree with courses in drafting, math, and science preferred
- Experience with Autodesk based platforms
- Autodesk certification preferred
- During the interview process, the candidate may be required to participate in a short and facilitated AutoCAD Civil 3D skills assessment.
- Must have and maintain a valid TX driver’s license
- High school diploma required at a minimum
- Minimum 5 years of AutoCAD Civil 3D experience in municipal infrastructure projects and land development projects
- Experience in civil drafting
- Proficient with surface modeling, street corridors, pipe networking, sheet set manager, data referencing, grading and feature lines
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment
- Experience with large diameter pipelines and pump stations
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills with keen attention to details
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals in person and virtually
- Aptitude to research, summarize, compile, and calculate data, resulting in completed plans and exhibits
- Proficient in software including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro or Bluebeam, etc.
- Keen attention to detail
- Well-developed critical thinking and analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Prepare drawings and details for a variety of projects from verbal or written direction without supervision for the following:
- Site grading and earthwork analyses
- Water, wastewater, and storm drainage pipe networks and profiles
- Dimensioned site layouts
- Street corridors
- Review record drawings and incorporate into plans
- Calculate slopes and inverts of storm sewer, water, and wastewater systems
- Work in conjunction with Engineer on preliminary design of site, grading, water/wastewater and storm layouts
- Complete redlines for modifications of plans and details in an efficient and timely manner
- Manage given deadlines and prioritize assignments based on these deadlines
- Maintain file management of CAD files and other documents per MEC files Standards
- Work under the guidance of a Design Engineer and/or CAD Manager
- Coordinate with other team members
- Maintain communication between project team to maximize plan production efficiency
8-hour workday, M-F
Murfee Engineering Company offers excellent benefits including employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA employer contributions, employer paid Life/STD/LTD/AD&D insurance, PTO, and a profit-sharing plan. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Murfee Engineering Company adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with you soon. We can’t wait to hear from you!