Murfee Engineering Company (MEC), a consulting company committed to excellence, efficiency, and integrity, has an opening for an entry level EIT position in land development working on a variety of civil engineering projects. The position will entail working alongside our experienced engineering and construction management teams to be exposed to many different aspects of the civil engineering industry. A land development EIT will assist project managers and collaborate with engineers to solve complex problems and produce our clients’ visions for their projects.
The position will be a part of the Civil Engineering design team and will have the chance to follow projects through the engineering process, by assisting with project development, assisting with design, coordinating with outside parties, facilitating the bidding process, and helping manage the construction through completion. The role requires providing support for projects during the feasibility, design, plan production, quality control, bidding, and construction phases for residential, commercial, industrial, and mixed-use developments. Routine task work will include various design elements of streets, drainage, water and wastewater utilities. The role will include numerous elements of land development engineering and consultation including preparing exhibits, providing cost estimate, drafting design and detail sheets in AutoCAD, researching and coordinating with material and equipment providers, conducting field visits on jobsites to observe and evaluate construction work, reading and interpreting civil construction drawings, reviewing plans and specifications to ensure work complies, and performing other job responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an Accredited University
- Engineer-in-Training Certificate or intent to sit for the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam within 6 months of hire
- Possess and maintain a valid TX driver’s license
- Basic computer skills utilizing Microsoft office suite
- Exposure to ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Civil3D, Bluebeam and/or other modeling software preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals in person and virtually
- Attention to detail in summarizing, compiling, and calculating data, to produce technical reports, models, and presentations
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and multi-tasking skills
- Relevant internship experience preferred
- Completion of delegated task work
- Provide support for the design of streets, drainage, water and wastewater utilities
- Assist in generating project deliverables, including cost estimates, plans, specifications, and reports
- Project organization and methodical execution of assigned tasks
- Develop analysis and decision-making skills
- Adhere to project scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Support project team
8-hour workday, M-F
Murfee Engineering Company offers excellent benefits including employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA employer contributions, employer paid Life/STD/LTD/AD&D insurance, PTO, and a profit-sharing plan. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Murfee Engineering Company adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with you soon. We can’t wait to hear from you!