The position will be a part of the Civil Engineering design team, providing support for projects during the research, design, plan production, quality control, bidding, and construction phases for land development and/or municipal projects.
Routine task work will include design calculations, project and manufacturer research, civil and mechanical design, plan production, creation of bidding, contract and specification documents under the guidance of a licensed professional engineer.
Additional tasks could include calculating cut fill volumes, pipe sizes, slopes, impervious cover water quality, water and wastewater facility capacities, trending data, performing hydraulic analyses, researching and coordinating with material and equipment providers, conducting field visits on jobsites to observe and evaluate construction work, reading and interpreting civil construction drawings, reviewing plans and specifications to ensure work complies and performing other job responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Must have and maintain a valid TX driver’s license
- Basic computer skills utilizing Microsoft office and CAD/modeling software(s)
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals in person and virtually
- Aptitude to research, summarize, compile, and calculate data, resulting in completed reports, models, presentations
- Bachelor’s degree (or in progress) with major coursework in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or similar Construction Management degree
- Engineer in Training Certificate or plans to sit for the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam within 6-12 months of hire
- Exposure to ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Civil3D, Bluebeam and/or other modeling software
- A can-do attitude
Part Time or Full Time
Murfee Engineering Company offers excellent benefits including employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA employer contributions, employer paid Life/STD/LTD/AD&D insurance, PTO, and a profit-sharing plan. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Murfee Engineering Company adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with you soon. We can’t wait to hear from you!