Water and Wastewater Infrastructure
- Local and Regional Planning
- Water and Wastewater System Analysis and Modeling
- Water Supply Treatment and Distribution Systems
- Water Conservation Plans
- Utility Rate Studies
- Alternative Disposal Methods
Murfee engineers have extensive expertise in the planning and design of water, wastewater and waste disposal systems. This expertise includes the preparation of detailed specifications and the processing of permits at all governmental levels.
- Environmental Analysis and Reports
- Environmental Mitigation plans for project approvals
- Water Quality Impact Assessments
- Regulatory Agency Liaison
Analyzing and resolving drainage problems are important responsibilities for a civil engineer. Murfee engineers have considerable experience in many hydrology subspecialties.
- Floodplain Analysis
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling
- Site Drainage and Grading
- Stormwater Collection
- Filtration and Detention Facilities
- Flood Protection Structures
Murfee engineers have extensive experience working with city, county and state agencies in the creation of Municipal Utility Districts (MUDs); Water Control and Improvement Districts (WCIDs).
- Engineering and Creation Reports
- District and Contract Bond Applications
- Official Statements for Bond Sales
- Utility Design Reports
- General District Engineering and Consulting
Murfee engineers realize that the development of land is a costly and complex process, involving a variety of disciplines and governmental agency approvals. So we provide a complete package of land development services, from the earliest feasibility study through the design and construction phases.
- Land Development Feasibility
- Cost Analysis
- Subdivision Platting
- Utility Coordination
- Contract Preparation and Bidding
- Construction Management and Inspection
Murfee engineers offer a full spectrum of construction administrative services. MEC’s construction administration team is compromised of Registered Professional Engineers and inspectors with expertise in all aspects of construction. With our many years of varied experience, the team is able to represent a client effectively by administering a project from the bidding process all the way to its final acceptance.
- Review of Specifications and Designs
- Preparation of Bid Documents
- Review of Bid Proposals
- Assistance in Awarding Contracts
- Monitoring of Job Progress, Expenditures, and Cash Flow Projections
- Construction Observation
In each of the MEC’s service areas, there are experienced Project Managers to guide projects to completion. This group is committed to working closely with clients to meet budgets, schedules, and overall goals. We are also capable of coordinating effectively with other consultants as needed, and familiar with the regulatory environment affecting engineering projects so as to minimize the approval and permit seeking process. The participation of these managers is a valuable asset in the completion of any project.