Murfee Engineering Company (MEC), a consulting company committed to excellence, efficiency, and integrity, has an exciting opportunity for a qualified Municipal Project Manager to lead team members in projects related to water and wastewater treatment plants, lift stations, and pump stations.
The Municipal Project Manager will lead a team that designs water and wastewater conveyance systems including lift stations, pump stations, water towers, prepares master plans & studies for municipal water and wastewater systems, submits and secures environmental permits with State and Federal Agencies, and provides construction management on public infrastructure projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university.
- Master’s Degree is preferred but not a requirement.
- Must have and maintain a valid TX driver’s license.
- A Texas PE license is required or ability to obtain in six months.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in municipal infrastructure projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years direct project management experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals in person and virtually.
- Aptitude to research, summarize, compile, and calculate data, resulting in completed reports, models, presentations.
- Well-developed critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Highly technical design skills.
- Experience in the design of municipal projects including construction plan preparation, specifications, and contract documents.
- Knowledge of associated design criteria.
- Experience in construction administration including processing of submittals, pay applications, contract closeout, etc.
- Experience providing construction management for municipal public works projects.
- Proficient in software including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro or Bluebeam, etc.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Provide expertise in water and wastewater treatment and conveyance systems including plant hydraulic modeling, treatment process selection, plant design, system modeling, pipeline route analysis, material selection, design and construction Production of project deliverables including plans, specifications, memoranda, and reports.
- Project organization and methodical execution.
- Works with Managing Engineer to manage deadlines and prioritizes assignments for design and production team.
- Manage and build client relationships.
- Develop project scopes, proposals, and schedules.
- Manage project team and project budgets.
- Coach, mentor and develop team engineers and staff.
8-hour workday, M-F
Murfee Engineering Company offers excellent benefits including employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA employer contributions, employer paid Life/STD/LTD/AD&D insurance, PTO, and a profit-sharing plan. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Murfee Engineering Company adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with you soon. We can’t wait to hear from you!