Murfee Engineering Company (MEC), a consulting company committed to excellence, efficiency, and integrity, has an exciting opportunity for a qualified Land Development Project Manager with design skills and experience managing residential and commercial land development, including design from concept planning to permitting, construction and completion of projects for water, sewer, drainage, paving, and site layout. Candidates must be able to interact with clients, perform inspections, attend meetings, and develop work scopes and fees for proposals.
The ideal candidate would be a licensed Professional Engineer with 10-20 years of land development project management experience with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with clients and government officials. The applicant will work with the design team on a variety of land development and municipal site development projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university.
- Licensed Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Texas.
- Must have and maintain a valid TX driver’s license.
- Ability to generate project proposals with full scopes and fees, generate and manage project timelines and design teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups and individuals in person and virtually.
- Aptitude to research, summarize, compile, and calculate data, resulting in completed reports, models, presentations.
- Experience in coordinating with CAD drafting and design teams
- Proven track record of working on land development projects
- Deep understanding of the land development planning and entitlement processes
- Ability to lead in a team environment, with minimal supervision
- Proficient with the modeling and design of pipe networks, street corridors, lot layouts, grading, drainage, and water quality
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment
- Well-developed critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking/prioritization skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Highly technical design skills and expertise of associated design criteria.
- Experience in construction administration including processing of submittals, pay applications, contract closeout, etc.
- Proficient in software including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro or Bluebeam, etc.
- Provide expertise in land development design and manage production of project deliverables including plans, specifications, memoranda, and reports independently.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control for the following:
- Site grading and earthwork analyses
- Water, wastewater, and storm drainage pipe networks and profiles
- Dimensioned site layouts
- Street corridors
- Review record drawings and incorporate into plans
- Calculate and confirm slopes and inverts of storm sewer, water, and wastewater systems
- Work in conjunction with CAD designers and drafters on the preliminary design of site, grading, water/wastewater, and storm layouts
- Coordinate and confirm execution of redlines for modifications of plans and details in an efficient and timely manner
- Manage given deadlines and prioritize assignments
- Maintain file management of project files, CAD files and other documents per MEC files standards
- Proactively coordinate with other team members and maintain communication to maximize overall project efficiency
- Project organization and methodical execution.
- Works with Managing Engineer or Vice President to manage deadlines and prioritizes assignments for design and production team.
- Manage and build client relationships.
- Develop project scopes, proposals, and schedules.
- Manage project team and project budgets.
- Coach, mentor and develop team engineers and staff.
8-hour workday, M-F
Murfee Engineering Company offers excellent benefits including employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA employer contributions, employer paid Life/STD/LTD/AD&D insurance, PTO, and a profit-sharing plan. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Murfee Engineering Company adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with you soon. We can’t wait to hear from you!