Licensed Professional Engineer – Texas No. 106147
Dennis Lozano is a project manager who joined the Murfee team in 2004. A native Texan, Dennis grew up in Austin and attended the University of Texas, where he earned a BS in Biology (1999) and MS in Engineering (2004).
Dennis’ work experience includes:
- Hydraulics and hydrology from drainage master planning to detention and water quality pond design
- Facilities master planning
- Special districts engineering including creation, operations, and financing
- Permitting and approvals including: TCEQ, City of Austin, Hays & Travis Counties, LCRA, Emergency Services Districts, etc.
- Contested case hearing and protestant settlement agreement negotiations for TPDES & TLAP approvals
- Firm water contract management including drought contingency and water conservation planning
- Planning and design of all aspects of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure including water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, lift stations, elevated and ground storage facilities, hydropneumatic systems, water distribution and wastewater collection lines, etc.
- Contract document preparation and contract administration
Dennis is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, American Water Works Association and Water Environment Federation.
When he is not practicing civil engineering, you might find him mountain biking the trails of Central Texas, bow hunting in the Hill Country, or building any number of home improvement projects.